How to Do
How to Do Supine Pullover with Cable Lats on Ball
Each supine pullover with cable lats on ball should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this supine pullover with cable lats on ball.
Beginning Pullover with Cable Lats
1. Hold the cable handles with your palms facing each other.
2. Stand in the center of the machine and hinge your hips forward with a slight bend in your knees.
3. Engage your lats and pull the handles out to the sides, keeping your elbows slightly bent.
4. Return the handle to its original position gradually.
Pullover with Cable Lats Movement
1. Choose an SB that will allow you to sit on it with your feet flat on the ground, and your knees bent at about ninety degrees.
2. Adjust the cable until it is slightly higher than the dome of the SB, and attach a rope pulley. Place the SB a few feet in front of the cable station. Slowly lie back on the SB, and inch your feet forward until your shoulders and head are supported by the SB. Your feet should be flat on the ground about shoulder-width apart, with your knees bent at about 90 degrees. Your hips should be off the ball and aligned with the torso and knees. Your torso should be parallel to the ground. Tighten up your abdominals and activate your hamstrings and glutes to support your back and spine, and to keep your hips in place.
3. Reach overhead and grasp a rope handle in each hand. Your arms should be fully extended, parallel to the ground, and you should feel tension on the cable, with the weights of the stack.
4. Pull your shoulder blades back and down, and bring your fully extended arms in a smooth arc until your hands are at your hips.
5. With your core muscles tight, slowly lower your arms over your head until your upper arms are next to your ears, parallel to the ground. Make sure that your arms remain straight throughout the movement, and remember not to arch your back at any point. If you find yourself arching, decrease the resistance.
6. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
Pullover with Cable Lats Benefits
This exercise can be performed in the gym.
You'll strengthen your back primarily, although your chest muscles will also be involved in the movement.
Your core muscles and abdominals will be activated to hold your body stable, as you perform the exercise on the SB
Exercises With Stability Ball, Pullovers Exercise.