How to Do
How to Do Pullover Kneeling Exercise
Each cable lat pull-down should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately, stop this cable lat pull-down.
Beginning Pullover Kneeling Exercise
1. Take a couple of steps back to build tension in the line, then get down on both knees and raise your arms overhead with a fake grip (thumb over the bar).
2. Pull the bar down from overhead until it reaches your abdominals, then slowly release it while keeping your shoulders sunk and your elbows straight.
Pullover Kneeling Exercise Movement
1. Kneel on the exercise mat with your hips centered directly above your knees. Do not tuck your toes under your feet. Instead, keep the front of your foot flat on the mat.
2. Lace your fingers together and bring your arms to chest level with your elbows extended.
3. Raise your arms from chest level to above your head, tracking the movement with your head and eyes. Your elbows should remain extended throughout the movement. At the top of the movement, your back should be slightly arched with your pelvis pushed forward slightly.
4. Lower your arms to your chest and allow your back to straighten, and your pelvis to tilt back to the neutral position. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
Pullover Kneeling Exercise Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym. Improves flexibility, range of motion in various joints, and challenges your balance. Your abdominals also get a workout while keeping the torso supported.