How to do Double Kettlebell Clean
The double kettlebell clean should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the double kettlebell clean.
Beginning Double Kettlebell Clean
1. The swing should be used to start the movement.
2. Consider holding a newspaper beneath your arms to keep your elbows tight to your body.
3. When you start cleaning, keep your hands close to your body and on your midline, and consider zipping up your coat.
4. Allow the bell to rotate around your wrist and stab your hands through the bell's "window."
5. Keep your core and glutes firm as you brace and absorb the shock.
6. Return to the racked position to complete the movement.
7. Reverse the process by lowering the kettlebells between the legs.
Double Kettlebell Clean Movement
1. Stand with one kettlebell between your legs, and with your legs wider than shoulder-width apart. Hold another kettlebell in a racked position. Descend into a half-squat, and place your free hand on the kettlebell handle.
2. Tighten your core muscles, and make sure that your back is straight. Lift the kettlebell, then swing it gently between your thighs. You should be bent forward at the hips with your torso about 45 degrees to the ground. Your wrist should be pressing against your inner thigh.
3. Snap your hips forward in an explosive movement, and use the momentum to help as you pull the elbow up, sweeping the kettlebell upward past your chest, and catching it in the rack position at shoulder height.
4. Simultaneously allow the other arm with the kettlebell in the racked position to drop and return to the half-squat position to absorb the kettlebell's weight. You should now have the other kettlebell between your thighs, and your wrist pressing against your inner thigh. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
5. Ensure that your back remains straight during the entire exercise. You should not be arching or rounding your back at any time.
Double Kettlebell Clean Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This is a highly advanced exercise and should be attempted only by experienced exercisers.
This exercise works virtually every muscle in the body. In particular, it activates the back muscles, leg muscles, shoulders, and core.
This exercise builds strength and power. As an added benefit, due to the vigorous nature of the movement, the exercise also builds cardiovascular fitness and will aid you in burning off a high number of calories.
How To Do Clean Exercises, Kettlebell Exercises, Double Cleans.