How to Do Kettlebell Clean and Press
The kettlebell clean and press should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the kettlebell clean and press.
Beginning Kettlebell Clean and Press
1. Your feet should be around shoulder-width apart.
2. Slowly lower yourself into a half-squat while maintaining a neutral back.
3. Keep one arm outstretched for support and balance.
4. Grasp the top of the kettlebell's handle and maintain a relaxed grip.
Kettlebell Clean and Press Movement
1. Make sure your kettlebell grip isn't too tight (make it as loose as you can whilst still keeping a safe grip)
2. Keep your arm tucked in close to your body and your weight on your heels as you drive the kettlebell towards you.
3. Rotate your arm quickly through the bell's window before the kettlebell can complete the full of the action (rather than flipping the kettlebell over your hand)
4. Activate your glutes by squeezing them.
Kettlebell Clean and Press Benefits
Clean and press with a kettlebell is a powerful exercise that combines upper and lower body strength and power. It will strengthen your shoulders and core, as well as improve your grip and forearms.