How to Do Incline Machine Press
Your range of motion should be determined by your ability to maintain optimum control throughout your whole body.
Preparation Incline Machine Press
1. Adjust the seat height so that the handles are in line with the point just below your shoulders.
2. While maintaining good posture, push the foot lever (if applicable) forward, extend your elbows and grasp the horizontal handles.
Incline Machine Press Movement
1. Tighten the belly by drawing your belly button in towards the spine.
2. Bend your elbows, bringing them out and back towards your body while keeping the wrists in line with the elbows.
3. Your range of motion should be determined by your ability to maintain optimum control throughout your whole body.
Incline Machine Press Benefits
The primary benefit of incline presses is that they strengthen the upper region of the pectoral muscles. Because it's similar to a shoulder press, you activate your shoulders more when the bench is positioned at an inclination (15 to 30 degrees).