How to Do
How to Do Single Leg Dumbbell Front Raise
Each single leg dumbbell front raise should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this single leg dumbbell front raise.
Beginning Dumbbell Front Raise on One Leg
To further challenge yourself, you can complete all the repetitions on one side, before doing the repetitions with the other arm.
Dumbbell Front Raise on One Leg Movement
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold the DBs in your hands, with your arms at your sides.
2. To make the exercise even more challenging, and to bring in the element of stability and balance, perform the exercise while standing on one leg. Slowly lift one foot off the ground and find your balance.
3. Tighten your core muscles and raise the DBs in front of you until your arms are parallel to the ground. At the top of the movement, your palms should be facing downward, with your elbows should be fully extended. Be careful not to arch your back or swing the DBs up during the lift.
4. Lower your arms back to the side.
5. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Front Raise on One Leg Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This isolation exercise works the shoulder muscles, and in particular the front of the shoulder.
It also brings the core muscles into play as they are activated to keep the torso straight and support the spine and back during the lift.