How to Do
How to Do Sit-ups With Raised Legs and Twist
The twisting sit-up with raised legs should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, stop sit-ups with raised legs.
Beginning Sit-ups With Raised Legs and Twists
1. Place a bench in front of you horizontally.
2. Begin by lying down on a yoga mat with your feet elevated on a bench and your hands behind your earlobes.
3. Draw your belly button in towards your spine to activate your abdominal muscles.
Sit-ups With Raised Legs and Twist Movement
1. Lay flat on your back with your arms folded across your chest.
2. One leg is going to be bent with the sole flat on the ground. The opposing leg will be parallel to the other leg, but in the air.
3. From here, you will sit up using your abdominals and twist so that the elbow points to the leg in the air.
4. Come down from that position. That is one repetition.
5. After completing the appropriate amount of repetitions, switch legs so the opposite is on the ground, and the other is in the air.
6. From there, you will also want to reverse the way you twist when you sit up.
Sit-up With Raised Legs and Twist Benefits
Better stability and balance.
Flexibility has improved.
Posture has improved.
Back pain and injury are less likely.
Strengthening of the diaphragm.
Sit-Up Twist, Sit-Up Elbow to Knee Twist, Twisting Crunch.