How to Do Overhead Medicine Ball Throw
The overhead medicine ball throw should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the overhead medicine ball.
Beginning Overhead Medicine Ball Throw
1. Stand precisely over the medicine ball with your feet shoulder width apart. Pick up the ball by squeezing the medicine ball at an angle beneath the sphere rather than squarely on the sides.
2. From here, tilt your hips back and squat with the ball between your knees. As you granny toss the medicine ball squarely overhead in an arching pattern, immediately explode out of the squat by gaining a triple extension of the ankles, knees, and hips.
Overhead Medicine Ball Throw Movement
1. With your feet, hip-width apart and a medicine ball held overhead, stand 2-3 feet away from the wall.
2. Tighten your abs, hold the medicine ball in both hands behind your head, and hurl it as hard as you can. Return to starting position after catching the ball on the rebound.
Overhead Medicine Ball Throw Benefits
1. Gluteus maximus, quadriceps maximus, and calves
2. Strengthens the back extensor and other core muscles, allowing power to be transferred from the bottom to the upper body.
3. To enhance power improves muscle activation synchronization when moving from lower to upper body movement.
Exercises With Medicine Ball, Medicine Ball Workouts.