How to Do
How to Do Single Leg Medicine Ball Side Throw and Catch
The single leg medicine ball side throw and catch should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the single leg medicine ball side throw and catch.
Beginning Medicine Ball Side Throw and Catch
1. Stand on one leg with your knee slightly bent.
2. Face a wall while holding a medicine ball at your opposite hip.
Medicine Ball Side Throw and Catch Movement
1. Tuck in your chin, contract your glutes, and rotate your body, pivoting on your trailing leg.
2. Toss a medicine ball against the wall while rotating your body.
3. Catch the ball as it rebounds off the wall and quickly repeat on both sides with control.
Medicine Ball Side Throw and Catch Benefits
This workout targets your shoulders, upper back, biceps, chest, core, quads, hamstrings, and glutes.
Single Leg Medicine Ball.