How to Do
How to Do Single Leg Medicine Ball Throw and Catch
The single leg medicine ball throw and catch should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the single leg medicine ball, throw and catch.
Beginning Single Leg Medicine Ball Throw
1. Hold a medicine ball in both hands at your waist.
2. Face the wall with one side of your body.
3. So you're only standing on one foot, pick up the foot closest to the wall.
Single Leg Medicine Ball Throw Beginning
1. Rotate at the waist and move the ball away from the wall before rotating back and throwing the ball against it.
2. Catch the ball and repeat for the desired number of repetitions before alternating feet and switching the side that faces the wall.
Single Leg Medicine Ball Throw Benefits
The single-leg medicine ball side throw is a calisthenics and Pilates exercise that primarily targets the obliques while also targeting the abs, calves, and quads to a lesser extent.
Single Leg Throw and Catch, Single Leg Medicine Ball.