How to Do Dumbbell Bench Press With Alternating Arms
The dumbbell bench press with alternating arms should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the dumbbell bench press with alternating arms.
Beginning Seated Dumbbell Press
1. Sit on a bench with two dumbbells.
2. Position your feet pointed forward and slowly lie on a bench with neutral posture.
3. Position dumbbells perpendicular to ceiling (straight up).
Seated Dumbbell Press Movement
1. Brace the spine by drawing your belly button towards the spine and squeezing the buttocks.Pelvis should remain stable throughout the entire exercise.
2. Starting with both arms extended straight up; perform movement in alternating fashion, with one arm at a time.
3. When one arm has lowered and returned to the straight up position, commence movement with the other arm.
4. Slowly lower the weight, maintaining the wrist position over the elbows.
5. Move only as far as you can while maintaining balance and core stability.
6. Perform repetitions SLOWLY to enhance stabilization strength.
7. It is important NOT to let your back arch at any time during the movement.
8. Keep your feet pointed forward.
Seated Dumbbell Press Benefits
Increase the width of your shoulders.
Stabilizer Muscles should be worked.
How To Do a Bench Press, Chest Bench Press, Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Presses.