How to Do
How to Do Overhead Tricep Curls Kneeling on Ball
Start off by grabbing your dumbbell and kneeling on a stability ball. Keep good posture by sitting up tall with your back straight while looking straight forward.
Each exercise should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
Beginning Tricep Curls
1. Keep an even grip on the dumbbell. To do so, use a diamond grip with your hands. Both of your palms will be facing away with your thumbs and index first fingers touching.
2. Using this grip will allow you to enclose your hands around the head of the dumbbell so you can evenly balance the weight between your two arms.
Tricep Curls Movement
1. Once you have the grip of the dumbbell, you are going to bring it over your head so that your arms are straight.
2. Keeping your arms tucked in at your side, you are going to bend your arms at your elbows so the weight comes down behind your head. Make sure you don't flare your elbows out, this takes the emphasis off of the triceps.
3. Bring the weight down in a slow and controlled movement, stopping once your arms make a 90 degree angle.
4. Bring the weight back up to the top in a slow and controlled movement and repeat for the chosen repetitions.
Tricep Curls Benefits
The triceps are essential for developing upper-body strength and assisting with shoulder and elbow movement. Increased triceps strength helps to stabilize your shoulders and arms, improves flexibility, and expands your range of motion.
Exercises with stability ball.