How to Do
How to Do Pivot Triceps Rope Extension to Woodchopper
The pivot triceps rope extension to woodchopper should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the pivot triceps rope extension to the woodchopper.
Beginning Triceps Rope Extension
1. Maintain good posture with shoulder blades back and down and good stability through the abdomen.
2. Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; This engages the nervous system.
3. Position the feet wider than the width of the shoulders.
4. Choose a rope attachment to allow for the appropriate grip and to allow the wrists free range of motion (as shown).
Triceps Rope Extension Movement
1. The feet begin together.
2. Start with the hands by the shoulder nearest to the stack of weights, elbows flexed.
3. This exercise should facilitate every link of the kinetic chain (in other words, movement from every joint - this exercise should 'flow').
4. Take a step to the side slightly wider than shoulder width.
5. Perform wood chop triceps pattern (see regression for description).
6. Once the hands come back to starting position, step feet together.
7. Rotate the body and face in the opposite direction, pivot feet and step to the side with the opposite leg (as shown).
8. Perform a wood chop triceps pattern on the 'new' side and repeat side to side.
9. Ensure that the 'trail' leg (the leg closest to the stack of weights) pivots on the ball of the foot and allows for hip rotation, if not too much stress from twisting is placed on the lower back.
Triceps Rope Extension Benefits
Triceps extensions are a great way to strengthen and sculpt your upper posterior arm muscles. There are a few different kinds to test. Your triceps are activated whenever you utilize your arms. Building strong arms, including the triceps, can help you become more functional and stronger in your daily chores.