How to Do
How to Do Squat with a Pistol
The squat with a pistol should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the squat with a pistol.
Beginning Squat with a Pistol
1. Stand with your toes pointed forward and your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Keep your chest and head high, shoulders back and down, and core muscles engaged.
Squat with a Pistol Movement
1. (Imagine moving your belly button closer to your spine.) As if you were sitting in a chair, bend your knees and hinge forward at the hips.
2. If you need to counterbalance, hold your arms out in front of you.
3. Continue lowering your thighs until they are nearly parallel to the ground or as far as you can with proper form, maintaining your back straight and torso upright.
4. For one repetition, engage your glutes and push into your heels.
Squat with a Pistol Benefits
Isolation of each leg to compensate for weakness.
Muscle activation across the board.
Strengthens the posterior chain of the body.
Increase the posterior chain's overall flexibility and mobility.
Increases the flexibility and mobility of the ankle joint.
Balance is improved.
Single Leg Squat.