How to Do Resistance Band Woodchop
The resistance band woodchop should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the resistance band woodchop.
Beginning Resistance Band Woodchop
1. Position yourself as pictured, in optimal alignment.
2. You may want to begin with the leg farthest from the resistance in internal rotation and "triple extension".
Resistance Band Woodchop Movement
1. Generating all motion from the trunk, stand and rotate away from the resistance bringing the arms down and out in a diagonal fashion.
2. Internally rotate and "triple extend" the leg nearest the resistance (not pictured), for a more complete range of motion.
3. Return under control, and repeat.
Resistance Band Woodchop Benefits
Multiple muscles in your trunk, hips, and shoulders are being challenged at the same time.
It's an useful movement that's utilized for things like shoveling snow and putting a youngster into and out of a car.