How to Do
How to Do Woodchop Reverse Resistance Band
Each woodchop reverse resistance band should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this woodchop reverse resistance band.
Beginning Woodchop Reverse Resistance Band
Place your feet shoulder width apart on the resistance band. Stand with one foot 2 to 3 feet from the end of one handle on the resistance band. Your palms should be completely wrapped around the handle and facing each other. Maintain a shoulder-width distance between your feet.
Woodchop Reverse Resistance Band Movement
1. The resistance band should be either to your left or right.
2. To start this movement, you need to get into a squat position. Knees slightly bent, butt back, lower back straight and not curved, and head in a neutral position facing straight ahead.
3. You will be grabbing the resistance band with only the hand opposite of the side that it is on so that it is across your body.
4. That means if the resistance band is on the left side of you, grab it with your right hand. If the resistance band is on the right side of you, grab it with your left hand.
5. Grabbing the resistance band with your palm facing you, pull away, twist your body and simultaneously come up from the squat position until you are facing away from the pulley.
6. Think of it as a diagonal line. The cable starts at 7 clock and finishes at 1 clock. To finish the motion, come back from the top and reverse the motion to return to the position you started the exercise in. This completes one repetition.
7. To work the opposite side, you will be facing the opposite way in the beginning, using the other arm, and twisting the opposite way.
Woodchop Reverse Resistance Band Benefits
The woodchop is an excellent core functional exercise. As you twist and lift, your abs and obliques work overtime, and the overall movement of the exercise means the core strength benefits gained will transfer to everyday activities and sports.
Exercise With Resistance Bands.