How to Do Resistance Band Woodchop Seated on Ball
Seated on a stability ball, turn to hold tubing but remain in a stable posture.
Beginning Seated Resistance Band Woodchop
1. Door Attachment: top of Door.
2. Stand in a wide stance with the feet parallel to the door.
3. Shift body weight to foot closest to the door with knee bent, trunk hinged slightly forward, hip back, and opposite leg straight.
4. Hold one strap in each hand and clasp hands together.
5. Straighten the arm furthest from the door across the shoulder with both hands reaching toward the attachment site.
Seated Resistance Band Woodchop Movement
1. Rotate torso toward door with eyes and hips facing forward.
2. Keep wrists firm and unbent.
3. Slowly rotate your upper body and pull diagonally downward with your hands toward the opposite knee.
4. Simultaneously hinge forward at the hips and shift body weight to the foot furthest from the door.
5. End with arms straight, leg furthest from door bent, hip back, and feet flat on the floor with back straight.
6. Hold and slowly return to the starting position.
Seated Resistance Band Woodchop Benefits
The cable woodchop targets the transverse abdominis muscle and the oblique muscles. These are the muscles that allow you to twist at the waist and to swing a bat or racket using the weight of your body and not just your arms. The cable woodchop also engages the muscles of your back, shoulders, and legs.