How to Do
How to Do Medicine Ball Single Leg Lift and Chop
The medicine ball single leg lift and chop should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the medicine ball single leg lift and chop.
Beginning Single Leg Lift and Chop
1. Begin with a thorough warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the sensory system.
2. Start with the feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart and with the toes slightly turned out.
Single Leg Lift and Chop Movement
1. This movement involves a cross-body chop motion using a medicine ball.
2. Start on one leg with the knee bent slightly. Both hands should be on the medicine ball and the arms should be straight.
3. The hands start at head height (as shown).
4. Move the medicine ball down and across the body.
5. At this point you will return the medicine ball straight up and move it in the opposite direction from high to low.
6. Repeat this pattern back and forth for the desired reps.
Single Leg Lift and Chop Benefits
Single Leg Stance - In the evolution of Chops and Lifts, the single leg stance represents the pinnacle of instability. This posture has the smallest Base of Support and will put the body's ability to maintain balance while performing the Chop or Lift to the test.
Medicine Ball Chops, Wood Chop Workouts, Cross Body Axe Chops