How to Do
How to Do Dumbbell Squat Bicep Curl
Must have good lower back strength
Must have good coordination between upper and lower body.
Must not have excessive forward rounding of the shoulders.
Should be able to perform classic squats with good posture.
Should be able to perform classic bicep curls with good posture.
Beginning Dumbbell Squat Bicep Curl
Stand straight with chest up, shoulders back, feet shoulder-width apart, adequate floor space, and dumbbells in hands palms facing out.
Dumbbell Squat Bicep Curl Movement
1. Breathing in, squatting down while simultaneously lowering arms into the bottom of a bicep curl.
2. Pause and hold the squatting position for three breaths.
3. Breathing out, standing back up while curling dumbbells up to chest level.
4. As you become accustomed to the movement, continue to increase your range of motion.
5. Standing up faster will transfer momentum into and assist with bicep curls.
Dumbbell Squat Bicep Curl Benefits
Improves strength and definition in the quadriceps front of the upper thigh.
Improves strength and definition in the hamstrings, back of the upper thigh.
Improves strength and definition in the bicep front of the upper arm.
Improves rotator cuff shoulder strength and stability.
Improves coordination between the upper and lower body.
Squat Progressions, How To Do Dumbbell Squats, Squat to Curl Exercise