How to Do
How to Do Pnf Patterns with a Supine Swiss Ball and a Medicine Ball
Each supine swiss ball pnf pattern with medicine ball should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately, stop this supine swiss ball pnf pattern with medicine ball.
Beginning Pnf Patterns with a Supine Swiss Ball and a Medicine Ball
1. When this exercise loses its challenge, push yourself by holding a small weighted ball in your palm. Instead of starting the exercise with your arm at the opposite thigh, start the exercise with your arm extended and at level with your chest. Your wrist will be bent back, and your palm, with the ball gently cupped, will be facing the ceiling. This is the starting position.
2. With your arm still extended, lower your arm over your head until your arm is in line with your torso. The ball should still be gently cupped in your hand, with your palm facing the ceiling. Your wrist will be in line with your forearm. Slowly return your arm to the start position.
Pnf Patterns with a Supine Swiss Ball and a Medicine Ball Movement
1. Choose a stability ball that will allow you to sit on it with your feet flat on the ground, and your knees bent at about ninety degrees.
2. Slowly lie back on the ball, and move your feet forward until your lower back is resting on the ball. Your knees should be bent at about 90 degrees with your feet planted on the floor, about shoulder-width apart. Your hips should be off the ball and aligned with the torso and knees. Activate your buttocks and the backs of your thighs to make sure that your hips stay in position.
3. Place one arm on the opposite thigh with your thumb pointing down. Your elbow should be extended. This is the starting position.
4. Maintaining the extension in your elbow, draw your arm from your thigh diagonally across the body until it is extended above your head in a straight line with your torso. As you draw your arm across the body, you should slowly rotate your arm such that at the end of the movement, your palm is facing toward the ceiling.
5. Bring the arm back to the start position, and repeat the required number of times before switching sides.
Pnf Patterns with a Supine Swiss Ball and a Medicine Ball Benefits
This exercise enhances flexibility in the shoulder joint and also activates the core muscles as well as other muscles to maintain the body's stability.
How To Do PNF Stretching on Stability Ball, Shoulder PNF Patterns on Swiss Ball, Advanced Shoulder Mobility Exercises.