How to Do Single Leg Pnf Pattern
The single leg pnf pattern should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the single leg pnf pattern.
Beginning Pnf Pattern
1. Activate the core by drawing the belly button towards the spine. Perform pelvic floor contractions by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
2. Lift one leg off the floor and flex your raised ankle towards the body. Keep feet parallel and to the side.
3. Keep hips level.
Pnf Pattern Movement
1. Start in one leg squat position, arms straight and fingers interlocked.
2. Descend into the squat and turn shoulders towards the elevated leg as you extend the arms.
3. Avoid turning at the hips or pronating at the knee and ankle.
4. In a simultaneous motion squat up and slowly rotate shoulders towards the planted leg as arms flex.
Pnf Pattern Benefits
Activate the core with a proper drawing in maneuver and pelvic floor contraction.
Maintain neutral spine angles.
Advanced Leg Stretch, Single Leg PNF Patterns, How To Do PNF Stretching, Contract Relax Exercises.