How to Do Single Leg Pnf Pattern With Medicine Ball
Each single leg pnf pattern with a medicine ball should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this single leg pnf pattern with a medicine ball.
Beginning PNF Pattern
1. Perform drawing in and pelvic floor contractions.
2. Lift one leg off the floor and dorsiflex the elevated ankle. Keep feet parallel in the frontal plane.
3. Maintain level hips.
PNF Pattern Movement
1. Start off in a one-legged squat position so that one foot rests flat on the floor while the other is above the ground a couple of inches.
2. Your body will be turned at the hips so that the medicine ball is held with both hands above your head to one side.
3. Slowly descend into a squat while simultaneously bringing the medicine ball across your body.
4. Return to the starting position by bringing the ball back to the top and ascending out of the squat so your leg is now straight.
PNF Pattern Benefits
Activate the core with a proper drawing-in maneuver and pelvic floor contraction.
Maintain neutral spine angles.
PNF Stretching Exercises, How To Do a One Leg PNF Stretch, Lower Body PNF Patterns, Contract Relax Stretches.