How to Do
How to Do Single Leg Pnf Pattern With Dumbbell
Each single leg pnf pattern with a dumbbell should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this single leg pnf pattern with a dumbbell.
Beginning PNF Pattern
1. Tighten your belly and perform pelvic floor contractions.
2. Lift one leg off the floor and flex raised ankle towards the body. Keep feet parallel and to the side.
3. Keep hips level.
PNF Pattern Movement
1. Start off in a one legged squat position so that one foot rests flat on the floor and that knee is slightly bent. The other leg is bent back at the knee and off of the ground.
2. Slightly lean forward and descend into a one leg squat while holding onto a dumbbell with one hand.
3. From this position, ascend from the one leg squat while simultaneously bringing your arm diagonally across your body.
4. Return from this position by bringing your arm back to the starting position while simultaneously descending back into a one leg squat position.
PNF Pattern Benefits
Activate the core with a proper drawing in maneuver and pelvic floor contraction.
Maintain neutral spine angles.
Lower Body PNF Stretching, How To Do PNF Patterns with Dumbbells, PNF Stretching Exercises with Dumbbells.