How to Do Bent Arm Dumbbell Lat Pullover
The bent arm dumbbell lat pullover should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the bent arm dumbbell lat pullover.
Beginning Bent Arm Dumbbell Pullover Back
1. Sit on the narrow end of a stable weight bench to warm up for the exercise.
2. Place your feet slightly wider than the bench on the floor.
3. Roll down so that your back, neck, and head are fully supported on the bench.
Bent Arm Dumbbell Pullover Back Movement
1. Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Extend your arms across your chest, palms facing each other. Keep the elbows soft and slightly bent.
2. Maintain a strong back and core as you inhale and lift the weights back and over your head. It should take about 3–4 seconds to fully extend your arms so that the weights are behind (but not below) your head. Keep the elbows pliable.
3. Exhale slowly and return your arms to the starting position over your chest once you've reached full extension.
Bent Arm Dumbbell Pullover Back Benefits
The dumbbell press tests your strength and flexibility at the same time.