How to Do Stability Ball Pullover With Dumbbell
The stability ball pullover with a dumbbell should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the stability ball pullover with a dumbbell.
Beginning Pullover on Exercise Ball
1. Ensure that you are used to the stability ball.
2. Activate the core by drawing the belly button in towards the spine and contract the pelvic floor by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
Pullover on Exercise Ball Movement
1. Grab a dumbbell and sit on the ball.
2. Slowly roll down the ball while comfortably placing your shoulder blades, head, and neck on the ball with both feet straight ahead.
3. Lift your hips up until they are in line with your knees and shoulders.
4. Position the arms and dumbbell perpendicular to the ceiling (straight up).
5. Perform shoulder flexion and allow the dumbbell to travel over your head.
6. NEVER flex the shoulders to the point where the back arches. Maintain a strong inner unit activation and squeeze the buttocks.
7. Extend the weights SLOWLY back to the starting position.
Pullover on Exercise Ball Benefits
The dumbbell pullover works the latissimus dorsi, pectoralis major, triceps on the back of your upper arms, and the serratus muscle on the side of your rib cage, among other muscular groups in your upper body.
dumbbell pullover, pullovers exercise, exercises with stability ball.