How to Do
How to Do Dumbbell Push Press
Each dumbbell push press should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this dumbbell push press.
Beginning Dumbbell Push Press
1. Begin with feet shoulder width apart, feet pointing straight ahead.
2. Start with dumbbells at shoulder level, palms facing forward.
3. Tighten the belly by drawing the belly button in towards the spine and contract the pelvic floor by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
Dumbbell Push Press Movement
1. Perform a squat movement as deep as you can with no compensations, avoid letting the weight drop in front of your base of support.
2. Squat up to starting position and perform a shoulder press.
3. Lower the weight slowly.
Dumbbell Push Press Benefits
Flexibility gains over the traditional push press, whole-body muscle recruitment, strength and power gains, and calorie burn
dumbbell push press, push press with dumbbells, dumbbell shoulder press.