How to Do Foam Roll Front Lunge
The foam roll front lunge should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the foam roll front lunge.
Beginning Foam Roll Forward Lunge
1. Place the foam roller on the floor at right angles to you.
2. Activate the core and buttocks by drawing in the navel towards the spine and squeezing the buttocks.
3. Place one foot on the roller and then position the rear foot at a comfortable distance back from the roller, creating a static lunge stance.
Foam Roll Forward Lunge Movement
1. Begin in a static lunge position and keep the core activated by drawing the belly button towards the spine. Gently lower the rear knee towards the floor.
2. Once you have reached a comfortable lunging depth, simply push through the front leg to return to the starting position.
Foam Roll Forward Lunge Benefits
Make your core stronger.
Increase your range of motion.