How to Do
How to Do Front Lunges Exercise
Each front lunge should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the front lunge.
Beginning Front Lunges Exercise
1. Start in a standing position with chest up, and lower back tight.
2. Make sure you have enough floor space around you.
Front Lunges Exercise Movement
1. Tense up your core, and align your posture.
2. Step/Lunge forward.
3. Although the footsteps are forward, the hips/pelvis remain straight.
4. During the lunge, breathe in and lower your body with control, keeping pressure distributed evenly between both feet; don't put all the pressure on the front foot only.
5. Be aware of your feet. Make sure they don't cave in or shift out.
6. Breathe out and quickly stand back up to the original position.
Front Lunge Exercise Benefits
Improved coordination between lower body muscle groups.
How to do Lunge Exercises.