How to Do Forward Step Up With Bicep Curl and Single Leg Balance
The forward step up with bicep curl and single leg balance should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the forward step up with bicep curl and single leg balance.
Beginning Forward Step Up With Bicep Curl
1. Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
2. Activate core by drawing the belly button inwards and perform a pelvic floor contraction by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
Forward Step Up With Bicep Curl Movement
1. Position feet shoulder width apart and pointing straight ahead.
2. Choose a step or bench that is a comfortable height to step up on.
3. Step forward with one foot onto the bench or step.
5. In a simultaneous motion, step up and pick up your hips on the opposite side as your step leg.
6. Hold, swing leg in the air in triple flexion (at hips, knees, and ankles), and perform a bicep curl.
7. Step down backwards with the same technique of holding the hips level.
8. Keep the hips stable at each side and ensure that no rolling in occurs anywhere in the kinetic chain.
Forward Step Up With Bicep Curl Benefits
The step-up with curl is a free weights workout that primarily targets the quadriceps, but also the biceps, forearms, glutes, hamstrings, and hip flexors to a lesser extent.
balance exercises, exercises for balance, step up to balance exercise.