How to Do
How to Do Dumbbell Step Up and Shoulder Press With Single Arm and Leg
The dumbbell step up and shoulder press with a single arm and leg should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the dumbbell step up and shoulder press with a single arm and leg.
Beginning Dumbbell Step Up and Shoulder Press
Stand in front of a 6-18 box with feet shoulder width apart and dumbbells in both hands at chest level (palms facing body).
Dumbbell Step Up and Shoulder Press Movement
1. Step onto box with 1 leg, keeping foot pointed straight ahead and knee lined up over mid foot.
2. Push through the heel and stand up straight with both legs on top of the box.
3. Once stabilization has been established, press the dumbbell overhead until 1 arm is fully extended (as shown).
4. Slowly return the dumbbells back to the chest.
5. Step off the box and return to the ground maintaining alignment of the lower extremity.
6. Repeat on other leg.
7. When repetitions are completed swap arms
Dumbbell Step Up and Shoulder Press Benefits
The single-arm step-up and press improves lower-body and shoulder strength. Balance and stability are also improved by isolating one arm at a time.
dumbbell shoulder press exercise.