How to Do
How to Do Lunges on Alternate Sides
The lunges on alternate sides should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the lunges on alternate sides.
Beginning Lunges on Alternate Sides
1. Maintain tight abs for back support, face forward, and breathe in as you step out to the side with your left leg.
2. Keep your right leg straight, bend your left knee and push your hips back.
3. Breathe out as you push yourself back into the starting position with your left foot.
Lunges on Alternate Sides Movement
1. Place your feet hip-width apart and stand tall.
2. Step your left leg out to the side, bend your left knee, and push your hips back.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat with the right leg.
4. Continue alternating legs until the set is finished.
Lunges on Alternate Sides Benefits
This exercise boosts performance and flexibility while improving dynamic balance and agility.
Lunge With Overhead, Lateral Lunge With Overhead, Standing Side Lunge.