How to Do Four Squat Flip Switch Bosu Ball
The four squat flip switch bosu ball should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the four squat flip switch bosu ball.
Beginning Flexion and Extension
1. Stand on the floor to one side of the dome with the feet approximately 24 inches from the platform.
2. Maintain good, upright posture and keep the spine in neutral alignment.
3. Step to the side with the inside leg and place that foot on top of the dome.
4. Flex the hips and knees and perform a squat movement, loading the outside leg.
Flexion and Extension Movement
1. Press down deeper into the squat movement four times.
2. Leap onto the dome with the outside foot, turning 180 degrees (flip switch) towards the dome while leaping.
3. Land with one foot on the dome and the other foot on the floor, facing the opposite direction from the starting point.
4. Repeat the exercise on the other side, turning back to the starting position.
5. Perform 8 to 20 repetitions to fatigue.
6. Perform the exercise on both sides of the body.
Flexion and Extension Benefits
Bosu squats are a great workout for strengthening the quads, hamstrings, and glutes, as well as stabilizing the core when done with the bosu ball. If you want to lose weight, this workout is also beneficial.
BOSU Ball Squats, Squat Variations, Stability Squat, Dome Balance Exercises.