How to Do Squats on Bosu Ball Upside Down With Overhead Twist
The squats on bosu ball upside down with overhead twist should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the squats on bosu ball upside down with overhead twist.
Beginning Squats on Bosu Ball Upside Down
1. Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the nervous system.
2. Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades back and down, good stability through the abdomen, and neutral spine angles.
Squats on Bosu Ball Upside Down Movement
1. This movement utilizes the BOSU ball with the flat side up.
2. With the hands to the side of the body, perform a squat movement (for description, see – “squat” in the exercise library).
3. As you ascend from the squat, raise your hands above the head and pivot through the shoulders and hips to one side.
4. Repeat squat and rotate to the opposite side.
5. Repeat for desired number of reps.
6. Pay close attention to the video link to observe the fluid nature of this exercise.
7. Do NOT do the following; move the lunging knee away from the body, collapse the trunk (excessive flexion), or round the upper back as these may be signs that the exercise is too advanced.
Squats on Bosu Ball Upside Down Benefits
Bosu squats are a great way to develop your quads, hamstrings, and glutes while also stabilizing your core. If you're looking to lose weight, this activity is also beneficial.