How to Do
How to Do Squat Smith Machine Hack
The Squat Smith Machine Hack should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the Squat Smith Machine Hack.
Beginning Squat Smith Machine Hack
1. Set the Smith bar to shoulder height and then squat to just below parallel to determine how high to deploy the safety catches.
2. Step under the bar with a hip-width stance, then grab the bar with a grip that is wider than shoulder-width.
3. Make sure your spine is in neutral (not rounded or arched) and your eyes are looking straight ahead.
Squat Smith Machine Hack Movement
1. Step away from the machine 4-8" at a time, until both feet are in front of the barbell. This is your starting point.
2. Contract your abs and glutes before squatting, and make sure your hips are in line with your torso (not sunk back).
3. Begin your descent by sitting back as if about to sit in a chair.
4. Squat until you have a 90-degree angle between your shins and upper thighs.
5. Push through your heels to return to the starting position. Rep 3-5 times for 3-5 sets of 10-20 reps.
Squat Smith Machine Hack Benefits
A hack squat works the glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calves, as well as the core.
Smith Machine Squats, Smith Machine Hack Squat.