How to Do Prone Shoulder Press on Ball With Dumbbell
The prone shoulder press on ball wit dumbbell should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the prone shoulder press on ball wit dumbbell.
Beginning Prone Shoulder Press
1. By pulling through your sternum, pull your chest up. Maintain a relaxed lower back.
2. Carry out the movement slowly and deliberately.
3. Relax your neck and tuck your chin in, and look down rather than up and forward.
4. During the drawn back position of the exercise, keep the forearm parallel to the ground.
Prone Shoulder Press Movement
1. Use a wall to support your back and have the stability ball in front of you, with a pair of relatively light dumbbells in your hand.
2. Place your hips and lower stomach on the ball, with your feet against the wall. Your abdominals, lower back muscles, and legs should be activated to hold the body's alignment. Align your head with your shoulders, hips, knees, and heels, and your body will be at an angle to the floor.
3. Place the dumbbells at shoulder height, then press the dumbbells up and over your head. Keep your arms in line with your torso throughout the movement, and make sure that your elbows don't drop toward the ground during the exercise.
Prone Shoulder Press Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This exercise builds strength in the shoulders and back.
Your core muscles, including the lower back, will be activated to stabilize your body as you perform the exercise on the stability ball. Your legs will also be working to keep you steady.