How to Do
How to Do Alternating Kneeling Dumbbell Exercise Ball Press
Each alternating kneeling dumbbell exercise ball press should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this alternating kneeling dumbbell exercise ball press.
Beginning Kneeling Dumbbell Exercise Ball Press
Step 1: Once you are comfortable with this exercise, you can make it more challenging by alternating your arms, instead of raising them both at the same time.
Step 2: Another more challenging variation would be to complete all the repetitions with one arm, before working on the other arm.
Kneeling Dumbbell Exercise Ball Press Movement
1. Stand in front of the stability ball, with the dumbbells in your hands. Choose relatively light dumbbells to begin with. Allow your arms to hang relaxed at your side.
2. Tighten up your abs and slowly and carefully kneel on the dome of the stability ball. Keep your core muscles activated, and your glute and leg muscles tense to help you keep your balance.
3. Make sure that your back is straight, and that your head, shoulders, knees, and hips are all aligned. This will help with balance as well.
4. Once you are balanced, bring the dumbbells up to shoulder height. Your palms should be facing forward, and your hands should be held wider than shoulder-width apart. This is the starting position.
5. Looking ahead of you, press the weight upward by extending your elbows until your arms are directly overhead with your hands next to each other. Your hands will describe a wide arc from the wider start position to the closed end position.
6. Lower the dumbbells back to shoulder height. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
7. Most of your effort will be centered on the remaining balance on the stability ball. Being on the stability ball will prevent you from arching your back to push the weight up. Keep your movements slow, smooth, and controlled.
Kneeling Dumbbell Exercise Ball Press Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
It strengthens the muscles in your shoulder.
This exercise will be especially challenging regarding balance and stability. Your core muscles will be working very hard to help maintain balance during this exercise, and kneeling on the stability ball.
How to Workout Your Shoulders With Dumbbells, Alternating Dumbbell Shoulder Press, Stability Ball Dumbbell Press, Kneeling Dumbbell Shoulder Press