How to Do
How to Do Smith Machine Shoulder Press on Ball
The Smith machine shoulder press on the ball should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the Smith machine shoulder press on the ball.
Beginning Shoulder Press on the Smith Machine with a Ball
Sit immediately underneath a Smith machine barbell on a bench with back support. Double overhand grasp the bar at just above shoulder height, somewhat wider than shoulder-width apart.
Press the bar overhead with a firm grip until your arms are fully locked out.
Shoulder Press on the Smith Machine with a Ball Movement
1. Adjust the bench such that the seatback is fully upright. Place the bench such that when you're-seated, the bar is above and slightly in front of your head.
2. Sit on the bench with your feet planted on the ground. They should be about shoulder-width apart to provide better stability.
3. Take a grip that's slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, making sure that your elbows are directly under your wrists and the bar.
4. Tighten your abdominals to support the spine and back and untangle the bar.
5. Lower the bar to the upper chest, making sure that your elbows do not flare forward, but remain under the bar. Press the bar upward and overhead, rest, and repeat.
6. If you feel your back begin to arch at any point during the exercise, pause and readjust before continuing.
Shoulder Press on the Smith Machine with a Ball Benefits
Perform this exercise in the gym.
This will help you build up strength in your shoulders, as well as the back of your arms and triceps.
You'll also activate your abdominal muscles to stabilize your torso and support your spine.
Seated Shoulder Press Machine, Stability Ball Shoulder Press, How to Do the Shoulder Press, Smith Machine Shoulder Exercises.