How to Do Ab Slide With Off Toes Rollout
The ab slide with an off-toe rollout exercise should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the ab slide with an off-toe rollout.
Beginning Ab Slide
1. Get on the knees, facing the wide side of the slide.
2. Place the hands on the slide in front of the body, as if preparing for a push up exercise.
3. Arms slightly bent.
4. Keep abs tight and the shoulder girdle stable.
Ab Slide Movement
1. Allow the arms to slide out (only slightly at first) extending the body out across the slide board into a kneeling prone plank position.
2. Perform movement from up on the toes in a push-up position.
3. Allow the arms to slide out (only slightly at first) extending the body out across the slide board into an extended prone plank position.
4. If there are any signs of compensation in the corset muscles (lumbo-pelvic hip complex) or shoulder girdle, digress back to base exercise.
Ab Slide Benefits
From a concentric muscle action standpoint, the Ab-Slide has proven to be a useful tool for developing the abdominal muscles.
How To Do Ab Extensions, Ab Extension Exercises, Ab Exercises, Slide Board Ab Exercises, Slide Board Exercises, Abdominal Rollout.