How to Do
How to Do Fitter Hip Slid
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! Move at slow to moderate speeds.
This exercise is designed for kinetic chain stability, NOT absolute strength or power.
Each exercise should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
Beginning Hip Slide Exercise
1. Start on a flat, smooth surface in a clear area.
2. Check the Fitter machine for proper settings based on your weight.
3. Step on footpads with feet centrally positioned.
4. Concentrate on proper posture with eyes straight ahead.
5. If possible, use a mirror or window to see your reflection.
Hip Slide Exercise Movement
1. From the start position, draw your belly button inward toward your spine.
2. Maintaining optimal alignment, slowly transfer your weight from one foot to the other with a smooth flowing motion. Work with the machine.
3. As your rhythm increases, you will get closer to the bumper at each end. However, posture is more important than distance traveled!
4. Repeat for desired time repetitions and always remember to maintain optimum posture with eyes focused in front of you!
Hip Slide Exercise Benefits
This exercise strengthens the hips, thighs, and glutes. It helps to prevent overuse and injury by stabilizing your pelvic muscles and relieving tightness in your lower back. Once you've mastered the basic pose, experiment with some variations.
Fitter 3D Cross Trainer Slides, Slide Board Exercise, Skiing Conditioning Exercises, Side To Side Fitter.