How to Do
How to Do Standing Russian Twist Medicine Ball
Healthy exercisers with well-aligned spines and good CORE stability may perform this exercise.
Ensure that the knees do not twist and the feet stay firmly planted.
Keep the chest out and shoulders rolled back and pressed downward.
To make this exercise more challenging, close both eyes and perform the desired number of repetitions.
To make this exercise even more challenging, allow the head to rotate along with the shoulders as the arms swing.
Beginning Russian Twist with a Medicine Ball
1. Stand with both feet no wider than shoulder-width apart.
2. Suck in the tummy, drawing the belly button towards the spine. Hold a medicine ball in both hands.
3. Roll the shoulders back and keep them pressed downward throughout the movement phase.
Russian Twist with a Medicine Ball Movement
1. Keeping the medicine ball in both hands, raise the arms up in front of the body until they are parallel with the floor. Focus the eyes on an object straight ahead.
2. Slowly rotate the shoulders to the right as far as the body will allow.
3. Swing the arms back to the left. Continue swinging the arms from side to side for the desired number of repetitions.
4. Increase in speed and repetitions as the CORE becomes stronger and more stable.
Russian Twist with a Medicine Ball Benefits
Medicine Ball Patterns is a beginner exercise that increases the stabilization and power in the CORE and shoulders.
Medicine Ball Exercises, Exercise Ball Instructions.