How to Do
How to Do Figure Eight With MB on Stability Ball
Healthy exercisers with well-aligned spines and good CORE and shoulder stability may perform this exercise.
Ensure that the knees do not twist and the feet stay firmly planted.
Keep the chest out and shoulders rolled back and pressed downward.
To make this exercise more challenging, close both eyes and perform the desired number of repetitions.
To make this exercise even more challenging, allow the head to shift side-to-side with the shoulders.
Beginning MB Figure Eight on Stability Ball
1. Stand with both feet no wider than shoulder-width apart. Suck in the tummy, drawing the belly button towards the spine. Hold a medicine ball in both hands.
2. Roll the shoulders back and keep them pressed downward throughout the movement phase.
MB Figure Eight on Stability Ball Movement
1. Keeping the medicine ball in both hands, rotate the shoulders to the right. Raise the arms up until they are parallel to the floor. Focus the eyes on an object straight ahead.
2. Crossing in front of the body, rotate the shoulders and swing the arms downward and to the left. Lift the arms straight up until the arms are again parallel to the floor.
3. Crossing in front of the body, rotate the shoulders and swing the arms downward and to the right. Imagine a number 8 lying on its side in front of you.
4. Use the medicine ball to outline the 8. Continue for the desired number of repetitions.
5. Increase in speed and repetitions as the CORE becomes stronger and more stable.
MB Figure Eight on Stability Ball Benefits
Medicine Ball Patterns is a beginner exercise that increases the stabilization and power in the CORE and shoulders.