How to Do
How to Do Shoulder Press Cross Body
The shoulder presses crossed should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the shoulder presses crossed.
Beginning Shoulder Press Cross Body
1. Begin by standing up straight. Take one of your arms and cross it over your chest.
2. Grab the outside forearm of the arm across your body with your other hand. To get a better stretch, press that arm into your body.
3. Hold the position for 30 seconds. Rep with the opposite arm.
4. During the stretch, make sure your elbow is at shoulder height.
Shoulder Press Cross Body Movement
1. Your beginning stance should be shoulder-width apart with your joints aligned, hips, neck, knees, shoulders.
2. Hold the dumbbells at shoulder height, with your palms facing inward.
3. To help support your spine, keep your abdominals tightened.
4. Extend one arm overhead while simultaneously rotating the trunk so that the dumbbell moves in a small arc toward the midline of the body. The hip should swivel to follow the trunk, and the foot should pivot on the ball, almost as if you are delivering a punch up and slightly across the body.
5. Bring the dumbbell back to shoulder height while simultaneously rotating the trunk and hips back to the center. Your feet should now be flat on the ground again.
6. Perform the exercise on the other side, and alternate until the required repetitions are completed.
7. Keep your spine and back straight and supported throughout the exercise.
Shoulder Press Cross Body Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
It works primarily in the shoulder muscles. It is a functional exercise that has a range of movement that is very similar to those you would perform on an everyday basis.
Standing Overhead Shoulder Press, Dumbbell Shoulder Press, How Do You Do a Shoulder Press.