How to Do
How to Do Standing Bent Press With Dumbbell
This exercise can also be performed by alternating the arms. With both DBs at shoulder height, press one DB overhead and lower it back to shoulder height, before pressing the other DB up.
Alternatively, you can choose to perform all the repetitions on one side, before switching sides.
Beginning Shoulder Press with One Arm
1. This is a strength exercise targeting the deltoids and the triceps.
2. Stand with feet hip-width apart and knees aligned over the second toe.
3. Maintain neutral hips which allow for a neutral spine during this exercise.
4. Knees should remain in line with the shoulders.
5. Squeeze the glutes for stability.
6. Lift one arm above the shoulder.
Shoulder Press with One Arm Movement
1. With your arms at your sides and a dumbbell in each hand, stand with your feet facing forward and shoulder-width apart. Make sure that your weight is centered, and your body is aligned.
2. Tighten up your abdominals to support the back and spine, then bring the DBs up to shoulder height, with your palms facing forward.
3. Pull your shoulder blades back and down, and then press the DBs up and over your head, extending your elbows fully.
4. Lower the DBs back to shoulder height. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
5. During the exercise, be sure not to let your back arch.
Shoulder Press with One Arm Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This is a classic exercise for building strength in the shoulder muscles. The back of the arms triceps is also activated.
In addition to training the shoulders, your core muscles will also come into play throughout the exercise to support the back and spine. This is especially important due to the standing position.
Standing Overhead Shoulder Press, 1 Arm Dumbbell Press, How to Do a Standing Shoulder Press.