How to Do
How to Do Alternating Dumbbell Overhead Press Staggered
The alternating dumbbell overhead press staggered should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately, stop the alternating dumbbell overhead press staggered.
Beginning Overhead Press with Dumbbells, Staggered
1. Hold dumbbells at shoulder height, one in each hand, palms facing out. Draw in your navel and press both dumbbells over your head, fully extending both arms, with your arms slightly in front of your ears.
2. Return the dumbbells to their initial position after holding the highest position.
Overhead Press with Dumbbells, Staggered Movement
1. Hold dumbbells in each hand with your arms at the side. Plant your feet on the floor at about shoulder-width apart, just slightly wider than hip-width, and then bring one foot forward so that you're in a split stance.
2. Draw up your spine so that your head is aligned with your shoulders and hips, and your weight is equally distributed between your legs. Your knees should be slightly bent.
3. Tighten up your abdominals to support the back and spine, then bring the dumbbells up to shoulder height, with your palms facing forward. . This will put you in a wide position that should see your upper arms aligned with your shoulders, elbows bent at 90 degrees, and your wrists and the dumbbells directly over your elbows.
4. Pull your shoulder blades back and down, and then press the dumbbells up and over your head by extending your elbows until your arms are directly overhead with your hands next to each other. Your hands will describe a wide arc from the wider start position to the closed end position.
5. Lower the dumbbells back to shoulder height. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
6. Keep your back muscles tight and controlled so that you do not arch your spine.
Overhead Press with Dumbbells, Staggered Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This exercise builds strength in the shoulder muscles.
In addition to training the shoulders, your core muscles will also come into play throughout the exercise to support the back and spine, and keep you steady as you perform the exercise. This is especially important given the standing position.
Shoulder Press Dumbbell, Alternating Dumbbell Shoulder Press, Exercise for Shoulders With Dumbbells, How Do You Do a Shoulder Press.