How to Do Matrix Rotating Shoulder Press With Dumbbells
The matrix rotating shoulder press with dumbbells should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the matrix rotating shoulder press with dumbbells.
Beginning Rotating Shoulder Press
1. Take the dumbbells in your hands and place them at your shoulders, palms facing inwards.
2. As you twist your shoulders, press the dumbbells overhead, ending with your palms facing front at the top of the press.
3. Return to the starting position by reversing.
Rotating Shoulder Press Movement
1. Start with light dumbbells (approximately 20 percent of normal shoulder press).
2. This movement is performed in all three planes (frontal: right to left, sagittal: forward and back, and transverse rotating around the body).
3. First, perform an alternating press straight overhead as shown.
4. Next, perform alternating presses side to side (approx. 30 degrees out) as shown.
5. Next, lean back through the kinetic chain with the knee bent to at least 20 degrees and press in at a backwards angle.
6. Finally, lean forward through the kinetic chain and press overhead as shown.
7. Pay close attention to the video to see the form throughout the kinetic chain.
Rotating Shoulder Press Benefits
Muscle strength and size in the shoulders.
The triceps muscles' strength and size.
The trapezius muscle's strength and size.
When executing the exercise while standing, focus on your core muscles, such as your obliques, transverse abdominal muscles, lower back, and spinal stabilizers.