How to Do
How to Do Dumbbell Squat Press With Thruster
The dumbbell squat press with the thruster should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the dumbbell squat press with the thruster.
Beginning Dumbbell Squat Press
1. Maintain a tall posture throughout the exercise, with a visual gaze that is straight ahead, and good stability through the abdomen.
2. Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
Dumbbell Squat Press Movement
1. This exercise involves performing a squat, and summating the forces into a dumbbell shoulder press.
2. Start with light weights (30% of normal shoulder press weight is recommended) at shoulder height.
3. Perform dumbbell squat (for description - see 'squat - dumbbell' in the exercise library).
4. As you ascend from the squat, use that momentum as you perform a dumbbell shoulder press - as shown (for description - see 'standing shoulder press' in the exercise library).
5. Lowering the dumbbells back to the shoulders completes one rep.
6. Perform desired reps.
7. Ensure that you do NOT excessively arch the lower back during the press or do not let the weights fall forward during descent into the squat.
Dumbbell Squat Press Benefits
The Dumbbell Squat and Press is a fundamental workout for any athlete looking to improve leg and hip strength and power, especially in the quadriceps and glutes. This Dumbbell Squat variation includes a shoulder press, which improves upper-body strength and core stability.
how do you do a shoulder press, shoulder presses exercise, shoulder press dumbbell.