How to Do
How to Do Dumbbell Squat Press With Single Arm
The dumbbell squat press with a single arm should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the dumbbell squat press with a single arm.
Beginning Dumbbell Squat Press
1. Maintain a tall posture throughout the exercise, with a visual gaze that is straight ahead, and good stability through the abdomen.
2. Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
Dumbbell Squat Press Movement
1. This exercise involves performing a squat, and summating the forces into a 1 arm dumbbell shoulder press.
2. Start with a light weight (30% of normal shoulder press weight is recommended) at shoulder height.
3. Perform dumbbell squat (for description - see 'squat - dumbbell' in the exercise library).
4. As you ascend from the squat, use that momentum as you perform a 1 arm dumbbell shoulder press - as shown (for description - see 'standing 1arm shoulder press' in the exercise library).
5. Lowering the dumbbell back to the shoulder completes one rep.
6. Perform desired reps.
7. Ensure that you do NOT excessively arch the lower back during the press or let the weight fall forward during descent into the squat.
Dumbbell Squat Press Benefits
The single arm dumbbell squat and press is a free weights workout that primarily targets the glutes, but also the abdomen, hamstrings, shoulders, and triceps to a lesser extent.
how do you do a shoulder press, shoulder presses exercise, shoulder press dumbbell, 1 arm shoulder press.