How To Do
How To Do Dumbbell Squat Press on Single Leg
The dumbbell squat press on the single leg should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the dumbbell squat press on the single leg.
Beginning Dumbbell Squat Press
1. Maintain a tall posture throughout the exercise, with a visual gaze that is straight ahead, and good stability through the abdomen.
2. Begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
Dumbbell Squat Press Movement
1. This exercise involves performing a 1 leg squat, and summating the forces into a dumbbell shoulder press.
2. Start with light weights (30% of normal shoulder press weight is recommended) at shoulder height.
3. Perform a 1 leg squat with the dumbbells at the shoulders (for description - see '1 leg squat - dumbbell' in the exercise library).
4. As you ascend from the squat, use that momentum as you perform a dumbbell shoulder press - as shown (for description - see 'standing shoulder press' in the exercise library).
5. Lowering the dumbbells back to the shoulders completes one rep.
6. Perform desired reps.
7. Do not excessively arch the lower back during the press or let the weights fall forward during a descent into the squat.
Dumbbell Squat Press Benefits
The single-leg squat is a good way to challenge your balance while also working your core muscles. Adding a Bosu ball to your workout can help you focus more on improving your balance.
how do you do a shoulder press, shoulder presses exercise, shoulder press dumbbell.