How to Do Dumbbell Squat Press
The dumbbell squat press should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the dumbbell squat press.
Beginning Dumbbell Squat Press
1. Begin with feet shoulder-width apart, feet pointing straight ahead, and knees positioned over the 2nd & 3rd toes.
2. Hold dumbbells at chest level with palms facing body.
Dumbbell Squat Press Movement
1. Perform a squat keeping the lower extremity in proper alignment.
2. Before any compensation occurs, tighten the buttocks and stand to a fully upright position.
3. Once stabilized, press the dumbbells overhead until both arms are fully extended with palms facing away.
4. Slowly return the dumbbells back to chest level and repeat.
Dumbbell Squat Press Benefits
The Dumbbell Squat and Press is a fundamental workout for any athlete looking to improve leg and hip strength and power, especially in the quadriceps and glutes. This Dumbbell Squat variation includes a shoulder press, which improves upper-body strength and core stability.
Exercises with dumbbells.