How to Do
How to Do Dumbbell squat press on half foam roller with single arm
The dumbbell squat press on a half foam roller with a single arm should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the dumbbell squat press on a half foam roller with a single arm.
Beginning Squat Shoulder Press
1. Center yourself on the half foam roller so that the arches of your feet are in the center of the roll.
2. Start with a dumbbell at shoulder height, palm facing forward.
3. Stabilize the spine by drawing the belly button in towards the spine and perform a pelvic floor contraction by tightening those muscles commonly used to stop the flow of urine.
Squat Shoulder Press Movement
1. Bring shoulder blades down and together, take a deep diaphragmatic breath, and keep chest up looking straight ahead.
2. Begin the squat with triple flexion (at ankles, knees, and hips).
3. Squat back up to standing position, and perform a one arm shoulder press.
4. Bring the arm back down to shoulder height and repeat movement.
Squat Shoulder Press Benefits
The Front Squat to Overhead Press is a great exercise that can help us all function better in our daily lives. The quads, glutes, and core are all strengthened during the squat component. The shoulder and back muscles are worked during the press portion. This compound move has a lot of moving parts, but don't be concerned.
One Arm Shoulder Press Variation, Single Arm Shoulder Press Squat, How To Do a Half Foam Roll Squat.